Gildan is a leading supplier of quality branded basic family apparel, including T-shirts, fleece, sport shirts, underwear, socks, hosiery, and shapewear. The Company sells its products under a diversified portfolio of company-owned brands, including the Gildan®, Gold Toe®, Anvil® and Comfort Colors® brands and brand extensions, as well as the Secret®, Silks® and Therapy Plus™ brands. The Company also has the U.S. sock license for Under Armour®, and licenses for the Mossy Oak® and New Balance® brands. The Company distributes its products in printwear markets in the U.S. and Canada, as well as in Europe, Asia-Pacific and Latin America. The Company also markets its products to a broad spectrum of retailers primarily in the U.S. and Canada. The Company also manufactures for select leading global athletic and lifestyle consumer brands.
Gildan owns and operates vertically-integrated, large-scale manufacturing facilities which are primarily located in Central America, the Caribbean Basin and the United states, and are strategically positioned to efficiently service the quick replenishment needs of its customers in the printwear and retail markets. Gildan has over 42,000 employees worldwide and is committed to industry leading labour and environmental practices at all of its facilities.
Total number of employees per region as of the end of fiscal 2015*
* Number as of end of December 2015
2015 Financial Highlights
(in U.S. dollars)
- Net sales of approximately $2.57 billion, up 11.7%
- EPS up 26%
- ROE of 19.3%
- 20% increase in quarterly dividend
2015 Operating Highlights
MARKETING AND SALES
- Endorsement agreement with superstar Blake Shelton, to further enhance and strengthen consumer brand awareness in support of Gildan®’s continued growth and strong momentum in the North American retail channel.
- Gildan® branded underwear products were sold in approximately 18,000 retail doors at the end of the year.
- We completed the ramp up of our second yarn-spinning facility in Salisbury and began production at our newest facility in Mocksville, NC. This ring-spun yarn facility will be fully ramped-up in 2016.
- We are developing plans for further textile capacity expansion in order to support growth in the markets in which we compete, including the construction of a new textile facility at our Rio Nance complex and the further expansion of existing facilities, including the Company’s facility in Bangladesh.
- In February 2015, Gildan acquired substantially all of the assets of Comfort Colors, the leading supplier of garment-dyed undecorated basic T-shirts and sweatshirts for the North American printwear market.
Map of our operations