Gildan is a leading supplier of quality branded basic family apparel, including T-shirts, fleece, sport shirts, socks and underwear. The Company sells its products under a diversified portfolio of Company-owned brands, including the Gildan®, Gold Toe® and Anvil® brands and brand extensions, as well as under license agreements for the Under Armour® and New Balance® brands. The Company distributes its products in printwear markets in the U.S. and Canada, where Gildan® is the industry-leading brand, and the Company is increasing its penetration in international printwear markets. The Company is also one of the largest suppliers of branded athletic, casual and dress socks for a broad spectrum of retailers in the U.S., and is developing Gildan® as a consumer brand for underwear and activewear.
Gildan owns and operates vertically-integrated, large-scale manufacturing facilities which are primarily located in Central America and the Caribbean Basin to efficiently service the replenishment needs of its customers in the printwear and retail markets. Gildan has over 31,000 employees worldwide and is committed to industry-leading labour and environmental practices in all of its facilities. More information about the Company and its corporate citizenship practices and initiatives can be found at its corporate websites www.gildan.com and www.genuinegildan.com, respectively.
2012 Financial Highlights
- Sales of $1.95 billion for a net sales growth of 13%
- EPS of $1.29
- Free cash flow generation of $145 million after financing capital expenditures of approximately $80 million
- EBITDA of $264.8 million generated
- Reinforced leadership in the U.S. printwear distributor market with estimated market share in excess of 70%
- Increased penetration in target international printwear markets, with unit sales volume growth of approximately 30%
- Improved profitability of Branded Apparel segment and obtained new branded programs in all product categories with national retailers for fiscal 2013, which will provide significant exposure and visibility for the Gildan® brand.
- Over 700 million garments sold with the Gildan label
- In excess of 730 million pairs of socks sold
- Products sold in 32 countries
Significant Events in 2012
- Ramped production at Rio Nance 5, our largest, newest and most cost efficient textile manufacturing facility.
- Acquired Anvil Holdings, Inc., a supplier of high-quality basic T-shirts and sport shirts in the U.S. printwear market and a supply chain partner to leading consumer brands.
Total number of employees per region
Map of our operations